Sir Alfred Munningsâ€™ (1878-1959) prolific career as an artist spanned nearly seventy years. He spent over half of those working and living at Castle House, the house of his dreams, in the heart of the Dedham Vale. His desire to make his paintings accessible after his death in 1959 resulted in Lady Munnings opening Castle House to the public in 1961.
Today, The Munnings Collection at Castle House welcomes visitors from all over the world with changing displays of Munningsâ€™Â work presented throughout the rooms of this elegant Tudor and Georgian building. The Castle House Trust, set up to care for the collection, the house, its contents and grounds also supports exhibitions, research, publications and media projects in East Anglia, the United Kingdom and overseas.